Bass Harbor Light
The cliffside Bass Harbor Head Lighthouse in Acadia National Park, located in the village of Bass Harbor within Tremont, Maine in the United States, marks the entrance to Bass Harbor on the southwestern side of Mount Desert Island. The lighthouse was built of brick in 1858 on a stone foundation, stands 56 feet above mean high water and is accessible by car off Route 102A.
The original “Bass Harbor Light” is a pencil drawing on 15 X 20 140# cold-pressed paper. It has been framed, double-matted, and is under non-glare glass.